Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Diary of a small entrepreneur-December 1, 2010

We are not out of the recession! You might be asking yourself “How can that be?” This is a bold statement, but any small business owner sees the real numbers. For me being in the position of “no pay” for last month is my indicator. It is rough to come to the end of the month and realize this. I worked hard.
This is not the only way I can tell. Believe me there are a number of ways. One is that I am a charitable person, but after 2009 taxes were completed on October 15th, my CPA said I had to change. I had given 45% of my income to charity. “That is too much” he said. I had no idea.
Now, you are probably asking, How could you not know?” It is easy. I wear all the hats here-finance hat, hire/fire hat, employee motivator hat-you get the picture. No, I do not have the money to hire all these people. No wonder, right?
Now, I have to start setting goals with all finances for my business. #1 goal-What does not get finished here MUST be brought home to finish. This will be the most important decision to live by in order to maintain my success. I will be starting all over again next year. I hope it is not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment